Thursday 15 April 2010

Language

Dear Lord,

I am not sure if this is a correct way to address you, but Sebastian assures me you don't mind. I know it sounds a little like the way the staff speak to you but I am really thankful you don't mind. It feels more as if I can ask you any questions I have and you will hear me and answer. I know you always answer anyway but it feels better.

I am finding my duties here very interesting and I recognize now quite a few of the things these children of Adam do - like talking to you. Sometimes, however, I do think they have a strange idea of language. Can you please explain to me why it is that they, who have been given free access to you by your wonderful son keep using strange words? Sebastian calls it old English but I am still baffled why they use these words like "thee" and "thou" when talking to you when they never use such words otherwise.

I remember some of the doctrines from my training with the angels but they never mentioned this as a common thing among the children of Adam. They do seem to have a varied group of people come to "visit." Some seem to have stranger ideas but, I was delighted to discover, the head staff member and his lady assistant share more than just tea and coffee with them. Sometimes the conversations almost sound like the kind of thing the angels would say even if they seem to have only a limited view of other things. No doubt they will learn more as they do seem to spend a regular amount of time with your book open when they read at night.

I am beginning to understand a bit more of the strange kinds of things they seem to imagine I want to hear - like "cute kitty," "pretty kitty" and so on. Really, Lord, if I didn't know how you view me I could get quite vain. Still there is one thing that really has got me stumped. It usually is said after I have been watching them carefully and trying to work out what they are doing ...

One or other will look at me and say: "Your Jedd Eye Mine tricks won't work on me!" Then they both burst out laughing. It really is most puzzling ... I have no idea who this Jedd is and I never heard of an Eye Mine but I suppose there are all sorts of things the staff do which are a puzzle to my people - things which even make the angels puzzled. Even Sebastian says he has no idea about that one so I thought I would share it with you. Looking forward to your response,

Sophie.

2 comments: